Home » Markets
In order to transform the markets through product innovation and market development, FMDQ Exchange has varying product offerings, geared towards deepening the fixed income, foreign exchange, derivatives and equity markets, and managing the volatility in the markets. Products listed, quoted and traded in the FMDQ Exchange’s markets include:
Bonds represent a long-term debt obligation of an entity. Investors in bonds, effectively lend funds to the issuer of the bond for a defined period of time to meet their financing needs. Like most loans or lending arrangements, bonds are interest-bearing securities issued at fixed or variable interest rates, and the interest is paid either in the form of a periodic coupon throughout the tenor of the bond or as a discount at the issuance of the bond. By issuing a bond, the issuer (borrower) commits to make both interest and principal payments to the investors (lenders).
Commercial Papers (CPs) are short-term debt obligations of corporations. They can be issued for tenors of up to 270 days in the Nigerian financial markets. Like Treasury Bills, they are typically issued at a discount and redeemed at par (face value amount) upon maturity. They are also typically issued by large corporations with good credit ratings and history. CPs are quoted and traded/reported on relevant platforms of FMDQ Exchange.For more information on all (outstanding and matured) CPs quoted on FMDQ Exchange, kindly follow the link below to access ourQuoted Commercial Papers Status Report.
Derivatives are financial market products whose values are derived from one or more underlying assets or sets of assets, which can be bonds, stocks, commodities, precious metals, market indices, interest rates, etc. As a risk management tool, derivatives present a useful risk management tool for implementing risk mitigation or hedging strategies against financial risks, while also representing an alternative investment asset class, useful for pursuing cost-friendly diversification and investment strategies.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) market is a market for trading and exchanging any currency pair. The value of one currency in terms of another currency is known as the “Exchange Rate”. Exchange rate movements are determined by the demand and supply for the relevant currencies in any currency pair over time, based on trade value, capital flows and market expectations.
Treasury bills (T. bills) are short-term sovereign debt securities maturing in 364 days or less. They are sold at a discount and redeemed at par (face value amount). These bills are by nature, the most liquid money market securities and are backed by the guarantee of the government of a sovereign nation.
FMDQ Exchange provides tailored proprietary systems and other relevant financial markets structures to support and boost trading and connectivity of market participants … Learn More
Market Notices are written communications issued periodically and specific to information on FMDQ’s products and markets’ issues, ranging from new product releases, amendments to existing … Learn More
Copyright © 2024 — FMDQ Exchange is a subsidiary of FMDQ GROUP PLC | All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for your interest in staying connected with us! Before proceeding, please take a momentto read and acknowledge the terms and conditions below:
2. Email Communications: By subscribing, you consent to receiving email communications from us. These may include newsletters, product and service brochures, and other relevant updates.
3. Subscription Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation email shortly. Please click on the provided link to confirm your subscription. This step ensures your interest in receiving emails from us.
4. Unsubscribe Option: Every email communication you receive will include an option to unsubscribe. If you ever wish to stop receiving our email communications, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
5. Age Verification: By subscribing, you confirm that you are 18 years old or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction.
6. Frequency: We strive to send you relevant content without overwhelming your inbox. You can expect to hear from us [weekly/monthly/occasionally], depending on our content schedule
Please check the boxes below to confirm your consent.If you have any questions or concerns about our terms and conditions, kindly contact us at[firstname.lastname@example.org]