Kenyan Financial Market Delegates Visit FMDQ OTC Securities Exchange. Senior Representatives of the Central Bank of Kenya, the Kenyan National Treasury and the Capital Markets Authority, Kenya, led by a delegate from the Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO), were received on a study tour to FMDQ OTC PLC (FMDQ) on August 26, 2015. The interactive session, organised by FMDQ’s Senior Management Team, presented an opportunity for the delegates to gain knowledge on the Nigerian OTC market, using FMDQ as a model OTC securities exchange and self-regulatory organisation.
This tour provided, among other benefits, the opportunity for the delegates to learn about the evolution of FMDQ, its key operations and linkages with other key market participants, the workings of the FMDQ-Bloomberg E-Bond Trading System and the role of FMDQ in the Nigerian financial market.
The Kenyan market participants were represented by the following delegates:
▪ Mwenda Marete – Assistant Director, Central Bank of Kenya
▪ Philip W. Watti – Assistant Manager, Central Bank of Kenya
▪ Leonard G. Thotho – Assistant Manager, Central Bank of Kenya
▪ Charles N. Kairu – Assistant Director, Kenyan National Treasury
▪ Kendi Bariu – Senior Surveillance Officer, Capital Markets Authority