FMDQ Holds Second Bi-Annual “Members Only” Meeting for 2015. FMDQ, in its capacity as a market organiser, on December 11, 2015, hosted its Members to the second 2015 Bi-Annual “Members Only” Meeting held at The WheatBaker Hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos. The first Members’ Meeting was held in July 2015. The December Meeting, like the first during the year, had in attendance major players in the FMDQ markets, as represented by the respective FMDQ membership categories (Dealing, Associate & Registration Members), and commenced with a special welcome note from Ms. Tumi Sekoni, Group Head, Business Development. This was followed by presentations and discussions around various matters of importance anchored by FMDQ’s Ms. Jumoke Olaniyan, Group Head, Market Development, Mr. Emmanuel Etaderhi, Group Head, Market Regulation, Mr. Dipo Odeyemi, Divisional Head, Market Operations and Technology, and Mr. Bola Onadele. Koko, MD/CEO.
The deliberations at the Meeting were centred on the following Agenda items;
▪ FMDQ Market Architecture Update, which examined Market Development Initiatives and Stakeholder Engagement
▪ FMDQ Debt Capital Market Development Program
▪ FMDQ New Membership Categories; the Affiliate Members and Specialist Dealing Members
▪ Proprietary Trading Systems
▪ Resolutions on Deferred Decisions
▪ Other Business, including matters relating to Members’ Compliance and Complaints Reporting, among others
The Meeting made for a very interactive one as Members had the opportunity to deliberate on outstanding issues and make significant contributions towards the progress of the over-the-counter (OTC) and debt capital markets in Nigeria. Key resolutions impacting the Members and the FMDQ markets as a whole were finalised.
The Meeting concluded with a networking cocktail reception.