The Board of Directors of FMDQ Exchange is responsible for crafting the broad operational and governance architecture designed to drive the strategic direction of the Exchange.
- Mr. Emeka Onwuka, OONChairmanMr. Onwuka is the Partner and Head of Private Clients & Family Wealth Practice at Andersen Tax in Nigeria, an independent tax firm with a worldwide presence through the member firms and collaborating firms of Andersen Global.
Prior to this, he served as Group Managing Director, Diamond Bank PLC, and Chairman, Enterprise Bank Limited, among others. He also served on the inaugural Board of the erstwhile FMDQ OTC PLC from 2012 to 2014.
He currently serves on the Boards of FMDQ Group, Ecobank Nigeria Limited and Airtel Networks Limited (Bharti Airtel).
- Mr. Kayode AkinkugbeVice ChairmanMr. Akinkugbe is the Managing Director/CEO of FBNQuest Merchant Bank Limited. Prior to this appointment, he served as the Deputy Managing Director of FBNQuest Capital Limited, and later as the Managing Director/CEO.
He is the Chairman of FBNQuest Capital Limited and previously worked with Deutsche Bank where he was Head of sub-Saharan Africa (ex-SA) coverage.
He represents the Bankers’ Committee Financial Markets Sub-Committee on the Board of FMDQ Exchange.
- Mr. Patrick AkinwuntanNon-Executive DirectorMr. Akinwuntan is the Managing Director & Regional Executive, Ecobank Nigeria PLC. Prior to this, he was Group Executive, Consumer Bank in the same bank, where he held various other group responsibilities, including, Group Executive Director Domestic Bank, Group Executive Director, Operations, Technology, Transaction and Retail Banking.
He is a Chartered Accountant, Senior Honorary Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Accion Microfinance Bank Limited and Chairman of the Advisory Board of Retail Banking Councils for Africa.
He represents Financial Markets Active Banks on the Board of FMDQ Exchange.
- Mr. Emeka EmuwaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Emuwa is the Group Managing Director/CEO of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC. He joined Union Bank of Nigeria PLC after 25 years at Citibank Nigeria Limited, where he was the Managing Director and Citi Country Officer, Nigeria.
He has extensive experience in Credit Risk Management, Strategy, Negotiating, Leadership and People Management in addition to Treasury, Corporate Finance and Cash Management Product Training.
He represents Financial Market Active Banks on the Board of FMDQ Exchange.
- Mr. Dapo AkisanyaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Akisanya is the Managing Director/CEO of AXA Mansard Pensions Limited. Prior to this appointment, he worked with Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM Group) in various capacities including Head, Investment Management & Research; Executive Director, ARM Pension Managers Limited; and Executive Director, ARM Securities Limited.
He is currently an Executive Committee member of Pension Fund Operators Association of Nigeria, which he serves as Head, Technical Committee.
He represents the buy-side market participants on the Board of FMDQ Exchange.
- Mr. Samuel OchehoNon-Executive DirectorMr. Ocheho is the Head, Global Market Nigeria, at Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC. Prior to joining Stanbic IBTC Bank, he served as the Chief Dealer in Bond Bank (now Skye Bank), First City Monument Bank and Kakawa Discount House Limited.
He is a non-Executive Director of Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited.
He represents the Governing Council of Financial Markets Dealers Association on the Board of FMDQ Exchange.
- Mr. Bola Onadele. KokoNon-Executive DirectorMr. Onadele is the Chief Executive Officer of FMDQ Group. He serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Clear Limited, and FMDQ Depository Limited, as well as, Chairman of FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
Prior to this engagement, he was the President of FDHL, a financial markets and risk management consulting firm he founded in 2001, where he provided business leadership in the empowerment of the Nigerian financial markets.
His career spans across Citibank Nigeria (Chief Dealer), FCMB Limited (Treasurer), Trust Bank of Africa (Merchant Bankers) (Managing Director/CEO) and Leadbank PLC (Chief Operations Officer). He is a member of the Board of Trustees of FMDA.
- Ms. Kaodi UgojiNon-Executive DirectorMs. Ugoji is the Chief Operating Officer of FMDQ Group. She also serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Clear Limited, FMDQ Depository Limited, FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
She has extensive experience in Treasury, Asset Management, Business Development, Marketing Communications, Finance, Project Management and Strategy functions of various organisations including Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Hermes Investment Managers Limited, London, Diamond Bank PLC and Guinness Nigeria PLC.
- Ms. Tumi SekoniManaging DirectorMs. Sekoni is the Managing Director of FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited. She also serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Clear Limited, FMDQ Depository Limited, FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
She has built her career across Trading, Operations, Business Analysis, Business Development, Products & Markets Development, Marketing and Project Management in various organisations including Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Goldman Sachs International, UBS London and Merrill Lynch.