The FMDQ Depository Board of Directors is responsible for setting out the broad operational and governance architecture designed to drive the Depository.
- Ms. Daisy EkinehChairmanMs. Ekineh is the Technical Advisor to the Capital Market Master Plan Implementation Council. She was a one-time Chair of the African & Middle East Regional Committee of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions.
She previously served as the Chief Operating Officer of Global Mandate Consulting Limited, former Acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria, as well as Executive Commissioner (Operations), and Director, Securities, and Investment Services at the Commission.
She currently serves on the Board of Directors of FMDQ Group.
- Mr. Sam OkojereNon-Executive DirectorMr. Okojere is the Director, Banking Services Department (BSD), Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Prior to this appointment, he served as the Director of Payments System Management Department (PSMD) at the CBN and as the pioneer Project Manager for the Nigerian Payments System Vision 2020 since 2009.
He is a fellow of the Association of Enterprise Risk Management professionals in Nigeria and has over twenty-eight (28) years of experience as an expert in Payments System development and management. He played key roles in the establishment of the Nigerian Export-Import Bank as well as the African Export Bank. He is also the Chairman of Nigeria Electronic Fraud Forum (NeFF) – an industry anti-fraud body.
He represents the CBN on the Board of FMDQ Depository.
- Mr. Bola Onadele. KokoNon-Executive DirectorMr. Onadele is the Chief Executive Officer of FMDQ Group. He serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited, and FMDQ Clear Limited, as well as, Chairman of FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
Prior to this engagement, he was the President of FDHL, a financial markets and risk management consulting firm he founded in 2001, where he provided business leadership in the empowerment of the Nigerian financial markets.
His career spans across Citibank Nigeria (Chief Dealer), FCMB Limited (Treasurer), Trust Bank of Africa (Merchant Bankers) (Managing Director/CEO) and Leadbank PLC (Chief Operations Officer). He is a member of the Board of Trustees of FMDA.
- Ms Kaodi UgojiNon-Executive DirectorMs. Ugoji is the Group Chief Operating Officer of FMDQ Group. She serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited, FMDQ Clear Limited, FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
She has extensive experience in Treasury, Asset Management, Business Development, Marketing Communications, Finance, Project Management and Strategy functions of various organisations including Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Hermes Investment Managers Limited, London, Diamond Bank PLC and Guinness Nigeria PLC.
- Ms Tumi SekoniNon-Executive DirectorMs. Sekoni is the Managing Director of FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited. She serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Clear Limited, FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
She has built her career across Trading, Operations, Business Analysis, Business Development, Products & Markets Development, Marketing and Project Management in various organisations including Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Goldman Sachs International, UBS London and Merrill Lynch.
- Dr. Joseph MekiliuwaNon-Executive DirectorDr. Mekiliuwa was the pioneer Acting Managing Director of FMDQ Depository Limited.
He previously served as the Technical Chairman, African Stock Exchange Linkage Committee and was instrumental in designing the framework for the implementation of Linkage, trading, clearing and settlement of securities transactions across the continent.
He has over twenty-eight (28) years’ work experience spanning across institutions such as Central Securities Clearing System PLC; Globe Computers Limited and Fine Homes Mortgage Bank.